Ahmed is a leading TMT expert, with particular expertise in cyber legislation, electronic transactions, telecoms regulation, cloud computing, and data protection. Ahmed has over 25 years’ experience in IT and telecoms.
Over the years, Ahmed led the development of Bahrain’s cybercrime law, the state secrets law, and several technical regulations. He was also a member of Bahrain’s Telecommunications Regulatory Authority for many years, where he authored and co-authored a number of market regulations, including fixed and mobile number portability regulation, lawful interception regulation, and the prepaid mobile registration regulation. He also recently authored an advisory paper analysing the possible legal models to protect sovereign data residing in cloud data centers.
As of 1 November 2021, Ahmed is CEO at BNET, a licensed telecommunications operator in Bahrain.
- To appear before all courts, the Bahrain Chamber for Dispute Resolution and the Constitutional Court.
- LLB (Hons), Kingdom University, Bahrain 2014
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), 2016
- Advised an international cloud computing provider on legal matters surrounding content regulation, responsibility of third-party service providers, and the liability of cloud computing operations staff for cyber crimes.
- Advised a multi-national financial institution on implementing qualified electronic signatures for use in their retail and corporate banking operations and online banking.
- Advised a GCC telecommunications regulator on proposed legislative amendments with market-wide impact.
- Assisted an international media consortium on the protection under the law for its content, and the remedies available to it to remove infringements on its intellectual property and copyrighted material.
- Advised multi-national banks on compliance with the Personal Data Protection Law and requirements for foreign data processing.
- Advised licensed telecommunications operators and Internet exchanges on numerous matters ranging from compliance to dispute resolution.
- Advised on cryptocurrency legislation and license types, including CBB requirements for licensing.
Our banking and finance team has developed an extensive track record over the past decade in providing specialised legal services and advice of the highest quality to Bahrain’s banking and financial sector.
As a premier insolvency team in Bahrain, we specialise in representing every type of stakeholder in connection with insolvency matters.
Our firm provides specialist contentious and non-contentious advice covering the local and international construction market.
Our corporate team has extensive corporate and commercial expertise, having developed very close working relationships with key Bahraini regulators and decision makers in this field, as well as with prominent law firms across the region and beyond.
Our employment team helps clients to steer through the sophisticated landscape of local laws that govern the employer/employee relationship.
The strength of our dispute resolution team is internationally renowned and we have significant experience in the local Bahrain courts at every level.